EDITORS NOTE AND UPDATE: Please note the following information was provided to us related to the COSCO Nagoya after this Monday with Maitland edition had been distributed.
1. Extract from ‘’ G CAPTAIN ‘’ dated 8th December 2021.
COSCO Shipping Lines says it is not the operator of the MV COSCO Nagoya which lost dozens of containers
overboard in the Pacific Ocean last month. The ship is now back underway presumably after cargo ops were
The 4,500 TEU containership was sailing from Busan, South Korea to Long Beach, California when the accident
took place on November 24th, forcing the ship to turn back to Korea.
According to marine claims consultancy WK Webster, which first reported on the accident, total of 59 containers
were impacted in the incident, including 27 collapsed containers and 32 that went overboard.
AIS now shows the ship has now departed Gwangyang and is underway to Long Beach with an arrival date of
“COSCO SHIPPING Lines notices recent media reports regarding the massive container collapse happening to
COSCO NAGOYA. The company hereby affirms that COSCO NAGOYA had come off charter and has not been
operated by COSCO Shipping Lines since Apr. 2020,” COSCO Shipping Lines said in a statement.
The ship, which is registered Panama, is instead believed to be operated by Singapore-based Sea-Lead.
2. Vessel Details
The vessel was built in July 2008 by SAMSUNG HEAVY INDUSTRIES in Korea.
Clay Maitland, Chairman
Powered by Robly™
Official Distillery of Maritime TV
CLICK HERE FOR:
Battle Standard 142 Navy Gin
Battle Standard 142 Standard Strength Gin
Virgina Moon White Whiskey
Click here to become a KO Plankowner
MADE POSSIBLE BYSPONSORSHIP FROM